Homepage The Sobinov Festival Saratov Opera And Ballet 2012 Sobinov Memorial Festival Of Music Contest of Voice Contests Winners
Saratov Opera And Ballet
Sobinov Memorial Festival Of Music
Contest of Voice Contests Winners
The Contest shall be held in the city of Saratov from June 6 through June 8, 2012. The closing Gala of the Sobinov Festival featuring the prize-winners will take place on June 10, 2012.
The Jury panel is headed by Professor Yuri Kochnev, Peopleís Artist of Russia, National Prize Winner. The panel comprises distinguished musicians, conductors, principal singers of the Saratov Opera, and voice and opera professors of the Sobinov State Conservatoire of Saratov.
- The Contest is open to singers under 36 years of age who have earlier won prizes, awards, and diplomas in other Russian and/or international voice competitions.
- Saratov residents and members of Saratov-based companies may not apply for participation in this contest.
- A total of 12 contestants shall be selected by the Jury based on scrutiny of all relevant application materials submitted.
- Filled-in Application Form
- Proof of age: a copy of birth certificate, or a copy of relevant passport pages.
- Copy of Prize Winnerís diploma verifying your success in other competitions.
- A brief CV or resume.
- A recent colour photograph 13×18 cm (may be sent down electronically).
- No admission fee required
Application materials should be forwarded (mailed or e-mailed) before April 30, 2012 to:
Russia 410012 Saratov
Teatralnaya pl.1, Saratov Opera and Ballet
Organizing Committee of Voice Contest
Rules and Regulations
- The Contest consists of two stages, both in the form of a public concert as part of the programme of Sobinov Festival of Music. All the 12 contestants preselected by the Jury panel shall appear at both the stages.
- A contestant is expected to give the Organizing Committee a timely notice of his/her arrival.
- The order of performance at either competitive stage will be determined by drawing lots (16:00 p.m. on the 6th of June) in the Blue Recital Hall of the Saratov Opera House.
- The Jury awards all prizes without splitting any prize between two or more contestants.
- Qualified accompanists will be available to contestants free of charge for their rehearsal and performance in the Semifinals. Should a contestant prefer to bring along a pianist of his own choice, it shall be done at his/her own expense, the Organizing Committee must be informed thereon before April 30, 2012.
- Contestants are kindly requested to perform in appropriate dress (ladies: stage gown, men: black tie or white tie).
- Arias and songs selected for either stage of the Contest shall be sung in their original language.
- The choice of challenging arias representing a contestantís voice to its maximum possible compass within the respective voice category, will be appreciated.
- Participation of all the prizewinners in the Festivalís Closing Gala as well as in another public concert in a community outside Saratov, with no remuneration, is mandatory. Should a prizewinner refuse to appear and perform, his award in terms of money shall be reduced by 30 per cent.
- Prizewinners of the year have no right of application for this Contest within the subsequent three years. They may however be invited to appear as special guests of our further Festivals.
- Competitors waive all rights of remuneration for broadcasting, televising, or any other commercial use of any authorized audio — and video records of their performance made during the Contest.
- The Organizing Committee provides the competitors free accommodation and meals while in contest.
- Contestants shall cover their travel costs at their own expense.
- One First Prize of 75000 rubles (Courtesy of the Governor) and a Laureate’s Diploma.
- One Second Prize of 50000 rubles (Courtesy of the Mayor) and a Laureate’s Diploma.
- One third Prize of 30000 rubles (Courtesy of the Festivalís donors) and a Laureate’s Diploma.
- The Jury reserves the right to award one at the least, and three at the most, encouragement prizes of 10000 rubles each.
- A native folk song of the competitor's country.
- A romance/art song by a Russian composer.
- An art song by a European composer.
/(symphony orchestra accompaniment)/
- An aria from a Russian opera.
- An aria from a European opera.
for the Semifinals
||— Ruslan and Ludmilla,
Life for the Tzar (Ivan Sussanin)
||— Prince Igor
||— Khovanschina (orchestration by D. Shostakovich),
Boris Godunov (N. Rimski-Korsakov’s version)
||— Aleko, Francesca da Rimini (only Francescaís aria)
||— Tzar’s Bride, Sadko, A Night in May
||— Eugene Onegin, The Queen of Spades, Iolanta, The Maid
of Orleans, Mazepa, The Sorceress (Tcharodeika),
Fancy Shoes (Tcherevichki) – Oksanaís and
Vakulaís arias only
||— Norma (Normaís cavatina only)
||— Carmen, Pearl Divers
||— Aida, Rigoletto, La Traviata, Il Trovatore,
Othello, Don Carlos, Un Ballo in Maschera,
Ernani (Elvira’s scene and cavatina only), La Forza del
Destino («Pace, pace», Rodolfoís and Alvaroís arias),
I Vespri Siciliani (Elenaís Bolero only)
||— Lucia di Lammermoor, LíElisir d’Amore,
La Fille du regiment (Tonioís song only)
||— Cavalleria Rusticana
||— Die Zauberflote, Don Giovanni, Le Nozze di Figaro
|| — I Pagliacci
||— Cavalleria Rusticana
||— Madama Butterfly, Tosca, Turandot (only
Liuís aria), La Boheme
|| — Il Barbiere di Siviglia, William Tell
||— Samson et Dalila
||— Faust, Pomeo et Juliet (Julietís Waltz only)
||—Halka (Jontekís «meditation» aria only)
For more information call:
Phone: 8–845(2) 262870, 8–845(2) 277924
Fax: 8–845(2) 278421
E-mall: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Russia, 410012, Saratov, Teatralnaya pl.1,
Saratov Opera and Ballet